A catalog of whatever popped into my head today.
- I realized I completely missed last week’s Odds ‘n Ends. It didn’t even occur to me until yesterday. My apologies! I’m sure I had much more pressing business involving saving the world from diabolical forces or some such.
- For those of you wondering whether the DCUC Wonder Twins are fake, all signs point to them being real. That’s all I’ve got right now, though.
- Kastor’s Korner has a clearer pic of the NYCC panel Joker reveal. The mallet definitely has the Joker face.
- Dr. Mrs. Ghostal and I saw Coraline over the weekend. It’s a lovely, creepy story–I haven’t read the book, but I want to now. It’s a worthy successor to The Nightmare Before Christmas, and probably a better heir to Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal than Mirrormask (which was designed to be an heir to those movies) was. The 3D aspect is mostly low-key, making the film a more immersive experience without being distracting. Also, DMG was quite taken with the tiny knitted items used throughout the film, such as the sweaters and gloves.
- As a Red Sox fan, I should probably be taking some measure of schadenfreude in A-Rod’s admission yesterday. But honestly I’m just kind of sad. While I’m genetically wired to hate the Yankees, I did hope A-Rod would surpass Barry Bonds’s home run record–and do it clean. Now A-Rod would have to surpass it by as many home runs as he hit between 2001-2003 in order to avoid the dreaded asterisk (at least in my mind). Shine on, Hank Aaron.
- To get back on topic, I should have the rest of my DCUC6 figures today, so look for reviews the rest of the week.