There’s just one week left to go on the Kickstarter for CoolandCollected.com‘s magazine, aptly titled Cool & Collected. The premiere issue – if the magazine is funded – will contain a feature article from yours truly on the long history of Boba Fett action figures, right up to and including Star Wars Black.
As of this writing, the magazine less than $500 away from its target. Here’s some of the content the first issue will contain:
- CT of NerdLunch has written a thoughtful piece on why we collect the same thing, over and over again.
- Kevin Decent of Team Hellions gives a rundown of the most sought-after Spider-Man comic books.
- And Jennifer Smith, author of the upcoming book The Back to the Future Almanac: 1955-2014, offers advice on taking your collection to the next level with movie props!
And there’s more! Contributions from pop culture experts such as:
- Howie Decker, Under Scoop Fire
- M. Carrigan, The Surfing Pizza
- John Sholtz, The Batcave Toy Room
- Rich Delligatti, The Nerd Nook
- Cody Mix, Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang
- Todd Sheffer, Hakes Americana & Collectibles
I’m a terrible salesman, and I know that. (Odd, in that I come from two generations of great salesmen.) But I think it would be totally awesome to get this magazine off the ground, as it looks like a lot of fun. There’s been a void in my life since ToyFare closed, and maybe, just maybe, Cool & Collected can help fill it. Plus it always gives me a kick to see my writing in print. Hey, I’m only human. So here’s that link again: Cool & Collected: The magazine for pop culture collectors