1.) Dead Man Walking asks: Mattel continues to insist that it will not do a fan’s choice figure for MOTUC because of the varying levels of unique tooling that figures require. However, Mattel is in the driver seat here–why not present the fans with three choices for figures with comparable amounts of new tooling, such as Battle Armor Skeletor, Terror Claws Skeletor, and Thunder-Punch He-Man, and allow fans to determine which will be the next bonus figure? Continue reading “Ask Mattel > June 15 Edition”
The well-connected folks at Fwoosh have posted first looks of Mattel’s 6″ Public Enemies and Webstor. First off, Fwoosh–and I think I speak for all toy collectors, but particularly those of us who wile away our time writing blogs about toys and secretly but arrogantly think we deserve some sort of compensation for all the free publicity and yet are ignored like–wait, where the hell was I going with this? Oh yeah, Fwoosh: you go to hell. You go to hell and you die for getting all these weeks-early free samples to taunt us with.
There, now I feel better. Moving on… Continue reading “Fwoosh has 6″ Public Enemies and Webstor first looks”
I’m not going to discuss what happened with the various exclusives and so forth–Rustin has promised a rant later in the week, and I’m sure that will cover it all and more.
Instead, I’m just going to list the things that interested me the most. Continue reading “Poe’s Point > SDCC Wrap”
Here are Rustin Parr’s notes from the DC-Mattel panel:
- Movie Masters – Now a Mattycollector.com exclusive, one figure a month will be sold starting September 15. Sept: Bank Robber Joker; October: Prototype Batman; November: Harvey Dent; December: Jailhouse Joker; January: Arkham Asylum Scarecrow; February: Sonar Eyes Battle Damage Batman; March: Two-Face. They might do more if the figures sell well.
- There will be more JLU singles, 3-packs and 4-packs. Wave 6 features: a more comic-book-accurate Hawkman, a modern Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom in metallic silver, a straight re-release Hawkgirl, and an all-new Firestorm; next three 4-packs: Shazam Family, Doom Patrol, and Justice Guild
- DCIH: 6-packs available online and at Walmart, including a 3-pack of Hal Jordan Parallax, John Stewart and SC Sinestro
- There will be a 12″ Movie Masters, with one figure sold per quarter on Mattycollector, starting 1Q 2010. The first two figures are General Zod and Christopher Reeve Superman
- Mattel is teaming up with Emcee to produce a new line of retro, accurate Mego figures. Called World’s Greatest Superheroes, the first figure, Green Arrow, will be available on Mattycollector this fall; after that, the figures will be sold at TRU and online retailers. The first series is Superman, Lex Luthor in Silver Age purple shirt, Hal Jordan GL, and blue-outfit Sinestro. There will be at least three waves of four figures each.
- Brave and Bold: nothing that wasn’t seen in booth photos
- DCUC: Four waves plus one Walmart wave in 2010 (that’s entirely in 2010, and doesn’t include Waves 10 and 11). Mattel swears that Walmart has placed considerably larger orders and the figures will be easier to get.
- DCUC Wave 10: Beast Boy, Batman (all black w/ yellow symbol and yellow belt) w/ bat-laptop; Forager; Joker; brown Man-Bat; Power Girl; Robotman–opening head so you can see his brain; CnC: Imperiex
- DCUC Wave 11: SC Cyborg Supes–couple pieces of new tooling, hands w/ rings; Deadman; variant Deadman w/ fading to translucent legs; John Stewart w/ GL constructs; Katma Tui; the Question; and Shark (Silver Age); Steppenwolf (50/50 green armor vs. Super Powers-style); CnC 9″ Kilowog
- DCUC 2-Packs: SC Romat-Ru and Karu-Sil, comes w/ at least one construct; Animal Man and B’Wanna Beast
- DCUC 5-pack exclusive to Walmart: Black-and-gray Batman w/ no mud, Superman (normal eyes), Two-Face repainted in Silver Age colors, purple Catwoman repaint, new Silver Age Lex Luthor
- Target-exclusive series for Superman/Batman Public Enemies: 6″ and 3 3/4″ inch. The 6″ line-up is “pseudo-DCUC,” a blending of DCUC and animated style, and includes: Superman (normal and metallic variant), Batman (black and gray and blue and gray), Icicle, Silver Banshee, Black Lightning Silver Age, Major Force, CnC: Brimstone (somewhat translucent) Due in the fall (?).