Quote of the Day: “A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.” –Agent Kay, Men in Black
- In case you missed it, I was once again a guest on OrccaCast–this time for the whole three hours! Topics include The Worst Witch, the Rodian language, political ads and oh yeah, toys.
- Hoping to have the reveal of the PGPoA Spy Monkey Creations exclusive by the end of the week, and therefore I’m shortening the contest to end on Thursday at midnight, instead of Friday. So far only one person has guessed correctly. Remember, you can make as many guesses as you want.
- You know what I miss? The old Mez-Itz. Not the Munny-rip-off ones Mezco makes now, but the old ones that were more like block figures with great sculpting. Mezco should have revived that format as a Minimate competitor, rather than going the “hip” vinyl route. But it’s just one more in the long chain of poor Mezco toy-related decisions, starting back around the time they got the Heroes license. Seriously, what a run it’s been for them since then: Heroes becomes awful just as the figures come out, The Spirit bombs, The Wolf Man bombs, Kick-Ass has one good weekend, and Scott Pilgrim didn’t set the world on fire either (and even fans of the comic aren’t exactly excited). The filmmakers of The Green Hornet should be worried. Once upon a time, Mezco made some of my favorite toy lines ever–Silent Screamers, Mez-Itz, Hellboy (movie & comic), and the Goon. Now the only thing they can seem to get right is Living Dead Dolls.
- Anyone else doing National Novel Writing Month? I’m going to give it my perennial shot this year. I’ve only written one sentence so far. But it’s a doozy. Really.
- You may have noticed the new Amazon and TRU ads on the sidebar. PGPoA is now an affiliate of both. The holidays are coming. That is all.
- How awesome is it that we’ve got the Bastards of the Universe here now? I mean, seriously.