In the past, I’ve asked “What’s your #MyMosquitor?” Unfortunately, the phrasing was awkward, the term was a bit too specific, and the concept was tricky to explain, so it never really worked.
So here’s my next attempt – what action figures would you like to see made that would allow you to say, “Now I can die in peace” – or, NICDIP?
The idea occurred to me after remarking to NoisyDvL5 of ItsAllTrue.net that the Star Wars Black 6″ A New HopeÂ Han Solo was one of my “now I can die in peace” figures. It’s also one that, for a very long time, I didn’t think would ever get made. (S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla 1962 is another one, or would have been if I wasn’t sure now that, if it even gets made, it’s going to be barely 4″ tall.)
Here are a few more of mine, off the top of my head:
- 6″ decently-articulatedÂ Mystery Science Theater 3000 figures
- A well-articulated Â 6″Â John McClane fromÂ Die Hard
- A well-articulated 6″ Terminator
- A well-articulated Â 6″Â Conan the Barbarian
- Every monster fromÂ The Monster SquadÂ inÂ 6″ scale
- 6″-scale, comic-based Hellboy figures with no soft goods (i.e., a fabric trenchcoat)
- A 6″-scale comic-based Batman in black and gray, with black trunks and a pouch belt, and fully articulated with double-jointed elbows, double-jointed knees, ball ankles and hinged toes to allow for the perfect “gargoyle crouch.”
I asked Rob Bricken, formerly of Topless Robot and currently of Io9, what his NICDIP figures were:
Masters of the Universe figures based on the Horsemen’s original Millennium designs, in 6″ scale and in an actual scale with each other, so some of them would tower over others, with Classics articluation. I want Zodac as a grey-skinned alien. I want a Darkseid-like Skeletor. I want a Moss Man who was like a crazy swamp thing. I would also to like them to re-use NO PIECES WHATSOVER; all new sculpts everywhere. And in a perfect world I’d like them to all have their original action features, too.
I asked people for their NICDIP figures on Twitter; you can read the responses here. So how about you? What are your NICDIP action figures (and other toys)?