Michael Crawford reviews the Mattel Masters of the Universe Classics Mer-Man Mattycollector.com exclusive figure. Excerpt: “… my favorite of the series so far, and in hand, really impresses me with it’s quality and design … But in the end, it’s still tough to say it’s worth a whopping twenty bucks plus shipping.”
Poe Ghostal reviews the Mattel Masters of the Universe Classics Mer-Man Mattycollector.com exclusive figure. Excerpt: “… the great sculpt, excellent accessories and interchangeable head make him a must-buy.”
Nathan Newell reviews the Mattel Masters of the Universe Classics Mer-Man Mattycollector.com exclusive figure. Excerpt: “… another fantastic showing for The Four Horsemen and Mattel.”
Michael Crawford reviews the Playmates Toys Star Trek Command Collection Spock and Kirk 12-inch figures. Excerpt: “If I were going to limit myself to only one line of figures to collect from the new film, it would be these.”
Michael Crawford reviews the Playmates Toys Terminator Salvation Deluxe T-600, T-700 and T-R.I.P. Resistance Infiltrator Prototype 6-inch figures. Excerpt: “… the T-700 is worth picking up if you can find something to display him with. Skip the other two unless you’re a completist …”
Corey Tincher reviews the Mattel DC Universe Classics Ocean Warrior Aquaman figure. Excerpt: “This is just an ugly costume, and they matched it quite well, meaning it’s an ugly figure too.”
Poe Ghostal reviews the Mattel DC Universe Classics Ocean Warrior Aquaman figure. Excerpt: “… because of the odd way Aquaman is hunched in the package, my Aquaman’s head was completely locked in a ‘looking up” position.”
Poe Ghostal reviews the Mattel DC Universe Classics Booster Gold (modern variant) figure. Excerpt: “… one of the best-looking DCUC figures to date.”
Michael Crawford reviews the Mattel Masters of the Universe Classics Faker New York Comic Con and Mattycollector.com exclusive figure. Excerpt: “If you want to charge the same price for this guy as all the rest, you need to get a little creative when it comes to the extras.” (See also.)
Nathan Newell reviews the Mattel Masters of the Universe Classics Faker New York Comic Con and Mattycollector.com exclusive figure. Excerpt: “This is a great figure, but Mattel just missed making another perfect figure.”
MicroBry reviews the Onell Design Glyos System Buildman Ranic Phalanx Set. Excerpt: “… it doesn’t get much more fun than when you have a toy designed to allow you to rebuild it however you want …”
MicroBry reviews the Freeing Sky Girls Sonic Diver Rai-jin set. Excerpt: “With the huge range of posability, interchangeability with other action figures and 3 alternate modes, this is a pretty fun piece to own, marred really only by its delicate construction.”
Michael Crawford reviews the Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer and David Palmer 1/6-scale figures. Excerpt: “I think using the word WOW here is not an overstatement.”
Artemis reviews the Diamond Select Toys Star Trek Deep Space Nine Colonel Kira Nerys Previews Exclusive figure. Excerpt: “… she’s up to the standard I’m looking for – not perfect, but very good …”
Newton Gimmick reviews the Character Options Doctor Who Supreme Dalek (Vespiform Wave version) figure. Excerpt: “The Supreme Dalek is the biggest and baddest Dalek in all the land, so he makes an excellent addition to your collection.”
Pardon the late O ‘n E this morning, folks–had to take one of our guinea pigs, Tribble, to the vet. The good news is, he’s fine!
- While my CornerStoreComics order has yet to ship, I have got my hands on the Flash and Captain Cold, thanks to Power Pals Paul and Pete, respectively. Keep an eye out for those reviews this week or early next week.
- Speaking of CSC, there has apparently been some trouble with the credit card processing company they use. You should check your statements, online or otherwise, to see if there are any unusual charges on the card(s) you use to buy from CSC.
- I know some of you have ordered figures from EE via my associate’s link (it tells me how many commissions I get, though not who or what they ordered), and I just want to say thank you, I really appreciate your support.
- As I write this, I’m listening to The Best of Godzilla, 1954-1975. I just wanted you to know how incredibly nerdy I am.
- I almost wish I didn’t get Faker so early…this is going to be a pretty quiet month for MOTUC. But for those of you who didn’t get a Faker from NYCC, he goes on sale on Mattycollector.com this Monday, March 16 at noon EDT.
- You may have noticed that I’ve stopped doing the toy news roundups and brought back the link feed on the left. That’s because I found the toy news a bit too sporadic, but more importantly, the newsfeed allows me to post some geeky but non-toy-related links too. You can also add it to your favorite feed reader, if you so desire.