After my last post about NICDIP (“Now I Can Die in Peace”) action figures, I decided to throw the question out to a number of reviewers and collectors from other websites.
So again, the full question is, “What action figures would you need to get before you could say, ‘Now I can die in peace’?”
Michael Crawford of mwctoys.com:
One of the biggest for me has finally made it – the 1966 Batman show. Of course, I won’t be completely happy until I have the Hot Toys Batman, Robin and Batmobile in my clutches, but the Mattel toys were a nice start.
Others for me, in no particular order:
- Blade Runner. I want these in sixth scale, high quality. Just Deckard is fine, but a series of five or six would be ideal.
- Firefly. Another series that really needs to be done in sixth scale to be done right.
- Duckman. I loved this cartoon, one of the few that managed to be funny and touching at the same time. They also did the all-time best Star Trek parody. Something done by Mezco would be nice in the usual 6″ scale.
- Zorro. We’ve had a few nice pulp characters in recent years, but my favorite has yet to be made. A whole line based on the Disney show would be great.
- Lost in Space. Yes, I know we’ve had a decent 9″ line, and a slightly less so 12″ line, but neither were complete. A great 6 – 7″ sculpted line would be fantastic, including a bunch of the cool monsters and a B-9 that lights up and talks.
Here’s the sad part – if the Gods smiled kindly and gave me these five,
I’m sure I’d be able to come up with five more.