In today’s Topless Robot daily list, I revisit the treacherous realm of geek arguments…
Tag: Topless Robot Page 2 of 3
- I slaved over a hot Photoshop for hours to bring you today’s It Figures, so if you don’t like it, I’ll probably curl into a ball and cry.
- Every ready for Hordak Day on Monday? And don’t forget Ultraman and Alex Luthor! I’m getting an extra of each for a couple Poesters who live locally, which I don’t mind doing at all, because it means I get to open my figures right away while using theirs for the packaging review photo later on.
- Mattycollector posted a brief update on Facebook, basically saying they’re back on Facebook, as well as a few new photos of He-Ro.
- Topless Robot is now full-time and wants your input, because apparently he can’t be bothered to run his site himself. But I kid the self-pleasuring, kitten-endangering guy!
- Ordinarily, when I get an earworm, it’s just one song or part of a song (“Re: Yours Brains” by Jonathan Coulton drove me temporarily insane for a few days). But for some reason right now, Smashing Pumpkins’ entire Zeitgeist album is running through my head, song by song. Currently queued up to “That’s The Way (My Love is).”
- I just finished playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2, which I picked up used a couple weeks ago. I want to play Wolverine now, but I’m going to have to wait until someone loans it to me or it’s cheap on eBay, because the next game I’m planning to buy new is Batman: Arkham Asylum (assuming the reviews are good).
I’ve got a 25-point elegy for Duke Nukem Forever over at TR: A 25-Point Chronicle of the Brief Rise and Endless Fall of Duke Nukem Forever
If you like it, please Digg it. If not, s’cool.
I’ve got a new list up at Topless Robot:
This is by far my favorite clip from the article:
Happy Friday the 13th! Don’t walk under any ladders today, or go to any summer camps. Let’s see what’s in the news today…
- Topless Robot had a few things to say about the Jason X-like look of the movie Cobra Commander (spoilers, I guess). I kind of see what they’re going for–the plate-face Cobra Commander look, instead of the hooded one–but it doesn’t work.
- Toy Fair 2009 starts tomorrow. We know there won’t be much, if any, Mattel news…anyone know if NECA will be there?
- Does every single toy website have something going on with the new Mezco Jason figure this week? Was Mezco was shipping out review samples like crazy? If so, how about a little love for Poe? Heck, they even gave some to a museum. Oh, and be sure to hit this RTM contest for a chance to win your own Jason.
- Vote on future Marvel Universe figures (Hasbro)
- Mattel has posted most of the slides from their NYCC presentations on their Facebook page (although not the preview pic of DCUC Joker, in case you were wondering–he’s in this month’s ToyFare).
- Skeletor is sold out. Damn, that was fast. Bodes well for MOTUC, though. (Mattycollector)
- Go Hero is making a Commando Cody 1:6 figure, which I find interesting mostly because CC was featured in a number of Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes. Incidentally, where the hell are my MST3K figures, world?! (Figures.com)
- More pics of Terminator: Salvation toys by Playmates…that thing with the treads will look great next to my 1988 Kenner Ed-260. Y’know, I feel kind of bad for picking on Playmates, since they produced the excellent and beloved TMNT line and the popular Simpsons figures, but these are inexcusable in this day and age. (Figures.com)
- Diamond Select Toys’ latest Q&A. (Art Asylum)
- Dude, this Star Wars horror novel’s cover totally ripped off my Odds ‘n Ends pic. Ha ha! Okay not really. (Topless Robot)
I’ve got another new Daily List over at Topless Robot, in which I take Frank Miller to task for his often controversial depictions of women. For the record, my inspiration for the piece came from this Shortpacked strip.
- OK, how terrifying are these? (CTR)
- Playmates’ full line of Star Trek movie toys. I was going to write something, but as the old wives say, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. (Trekmovie.com)
- Also, Star Trek Barbies. (TNI)
- Topless Robot hates DC’s Uni-Formz. (TR)
- It’s no secret I’m not that into the whole Watchmen movie and its hype, but this bit of viral marketing is pretty cool. (via Toyriffic)
- Ledger gets the nod, but Dark Knight otherwise told to pound sand. (Oscar.com)
- Today’s daily list at Topless Robot was written by yours truly: The Ten Best Repainted Action Figures of All Time
- A new website has been launched to celebrate the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ 25th Anniversary: www.tmnt25.com
- I’m surprised this custom figure hasn’t appeared in a Star Wars novel or comic yet (via Great White Snark) UPDATE: Ha ha, what was I thinking? Of course it has. (Thanks to reader Rinedog)
- First look at Wolverine and the X-Men toys (Marvelous News)
- Marvel Universe advanced reviews: Bullseye, Silver Surfer
- Movie Masters to add Jail Cell Joker, Proto-suit Batman? (Action-Figure)
- Cool custom steampunk Optimus Prime, based on the Hearts of Steel comic (Seibertron)