A few weeks ago, Brian Adams of Cool and Collected decided to find out what all the fuss was about by attempting to order a MOTUC Keldor off Mattycollector.com. He succeeded, and he wrote up his experiences in a post on his blog:
I understand how difficult it can be to run a web site (but I can only imagine what it’s like to run a successful one). The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Mattycollector may be intentionally making this process difficult to build up the hype machine and make their items appear more scarce and collectible than they might otherwise be. Or maybe they really do just have a lousy processing setup.
Much like securing 50-yard line tickets to the big game, there is an inherent competitiveness going on here, where part of the fun is the bragging rights you get if you actually manage to reach the final checkout page with all your items.
Brian successfully got himself a Keldor and Peter Venkman, but failed to get a She-Ra. The good news (for you) is that Brian doesn’t want the Keldor, and has offered it to the winner of a contest run right here on PGPoA.
From the author’s own collection. Winner’s prize will arrive in sealed mailer.
So here it is! Totally ripping off a contest by Topless Robot last week, I want you to write up some Tweets from Snake Mountain. Just write 1-3 tweets in a comment below, staying within the 140 character limit for each one. Funny Twitter names are highly encouraged.
Here’s an example:
Skelepimp1813: LOL dumbass RT @raqquillrqazz tried 2 hatch dragon egg, but it broke when i sat on it
(Note: you don’t need to use the names in my example–I encourage you to make up new ones.)
- One entry per person, consisting of 1-3 tweets in a single comment.
- Each tweet must follow the standard Twitter conventions: no more than 140 characters (not counting the name of the Tweeter), use of @ (example: @Skelepimp1813) to represent a reply, # (example: #evilwarriors) to represent a topic, RT to represent a re-tweet, and so forth. Failure to follow these rules will disqualify you, but you might get an honorable mention.
- The winning entry will be selected by Brian and me, based on whichever one we like best. Honorable mentions will be listed in the announcement post for the winner.
- Only U.S. and Canadian residents are eligible.
- PGPoA writers, Poe’s and Brian’s friends & family not eligible.
- Contest ends on Sunday, June 27 at 11:59pm.