- I donated toÂ October Toys’ OMFG! (Outland Mini Figure Guys) Kickstarter project, and these little guys–inspired by vintage lines such as M.U.S.C.L.E. and Monster in My Pocket–will soon be here. In addition to the pink sets that contributors to the original project get, OT is offering a number of exclusive colorways via other retailers. LittleRubberGuys.com has a pre-order for the above green set ($21 incl. shipping), while Rotofugi.com has a blue set that will be available in person at their Chicago store. UofMuscle.com will have an exclusive bright yellow set (not sure why they’re showing the standard pink set right now), and finally, the good folks at Onell Design will have a “Pheyden Blue” version available at their store this Friday, November 25 at 9pm ET.
- Getting closer to the second blog I’ve long been discussing. There’s a very outside chance it may be ready for PGPoA’s four-year anniversary on December 1.
- Mattel is evidently planning a huge Black Friday sale, set to start at 12am PT on Friday. Everything will be 10% off, which is cool, but not as cool as those $8 Ghostbusters they had a few weeks back.
- NECA posted some pics of their upcoming Rocky figures and wow, are these articulated (for NECA, anyway). Why can’t we get this type of articulation on the Terminator figures?
- Speaking of NECA, they also have a cool TRU 2-pack of the Predator 2 Pred and some Berserker Predator variant I don’t care about. I’ll be getting it for the masked Predator. It still kills me we haven’t gotten a NECA Dutch.
Got in and ordered my Scareglow and Weapons Pack #1 Got out swiftly, no WSOD whatsoever!
Robert M Radcliffe
Haha, what the hell?!
That's *EXACTLY* what *I* ordered! O_O
That's cool! Finally I have SCAREGLOW!! yay!
I realise they can't really do it because they aren't a big company,but the idea of things like MUSCLE were that they were cheap little figures where you'd end up with doubles and try to trade because they were like 100 of them.
Here,you pay 20 bucks once and you have the whole set so far.
So, initially I was psyched to see the Matty Collector sale and all the products they're re-releasing and at 10% off… seemed pretty awesome. But then I started thinking… where are all these figures coming from? I mean, if every month they are "selling out" of MOTU, GB and DCUC how are they all of the sudden available again? What constitutes "selling out". Is this somehow a way of duping us into subscribing? Making us think numbers are limited when, in fact, "there's a whole lagoon a this crudd in the back" (who got that reference). Just seems curious to me.
Well, they've always told us they hold a certain amount of product back for replacements, which they eventually sell after six months to a year. I suspect this is still some of that product.
Those Rocky figures look pretty slick! Sculpt, paint and articulation seem solid. If they;re sloppy at retail, at least the fantastic looking beat-up heads won't be as affected. I may have to get a pair.
Jakks did a really nice job covering Rocky, and the meat action figure will always be legend, but they probably took the character selection farther than necessary. I was personally turned off by seeing the same body they used on half the wrestling guys, but thats become so much more common these days.
I'm hopeful for the Predator TRU set! It covers 2 different general sculpts without me having to buy the separate figures and it's got the skull/spine accessory from the SDCC figure. The Alien/Predator set came out a little shaky in the paint department. I used Poe's review of the open mouth figure to help me touch up the closed mouth figure in that set.
I desperately want a NECA Dutch and some NECA Colonial Marines.
Dead Man Walking
Oh, and don't people always complain about those "elbrows" on the Rocky figures? I still don't get why they are called that and why they are so reviled.
Dead Man Walking
I know everyone loves articulation, but I don't see the big deal with the Arnie Terminators not having leg articulation. I mean the guy never does anything but walk in those films; it's not as though he was doing Tae Kwon Do and jump splits.
If the Rocky figures are THAT articulated I might get them… The pants are a bit weird…
I still need to see what Mattel is planning before considering buying anything… Is it me or are they keeping everything very close to the sale date? How the Fudge am I supposed to know if I REALLY want what they'll sell and put some spare money on my card to buy their stuff if I don't KNOW what they're selling…
If the GB didn't sell out at $8… Do they REALLY expect them to sell out at $18!?
I shall have many OMFGs. Many.