This post is an announcement. Scroll down for newer posts.
The first wave of DC Direct Arkham City figures sold out in moments on the site of PGPoA sponsor Figure of the Day. But don’t worry, they’ll have more in stock next week! Be sure to keep an eye out for them.
The good news is, you still have a chance to get a set absolutely free! The folks at Figure of the Day have kindly offered up a set for a contest here on PGPoA.
Here’s how to enter: in the comments below, write a letter to Santa with your geekiest wish list.Â It can be toys or Blu-Rays or whatever, but what I’d really like to see is more pie-in-the-sky stuff, such as:
- A good Transformers live-action movie
- A 6″ modern Batman action figure with double-jointed elbows and knees
- Pre-order service on Mattycollector
- Guillermo Del Toro’s At the Mountains of MadnessÂ getting greenlit
- The return of Mezco’s comic Hellboy line
- ….and so on
The winner will be selected randomly from among the entries, but I’ll write up a post with some of my favorites.
- One entry per person.
- U.S. residents only (sorry!)
- Everyone but my close friends and family are eligible.
- Contest ends at 11:59pm ET on Sunday, December 18.
According to my checklist, I've done the requisite amount of things to qualify as "nice" this year. I made two hobos fight to the death for a Hot Pocket, but then I decided not to run someone off the road for cutting me off, so I call that a wash.
Anyway, this is a list of the things I want most this year:
1. A time machine that will take me back to the 80's so I can buy up all those wonderful vintage figures and then sell them in present day for an incredible profit.
2. I suppose I could just ask for all those great 80's vintage figures, and cut out the time machine middle man. I'm sure you have enough magic to get them yourself. You may have to sacrifice more elves to appease The Dark One, but what's a couple gallons of elf blood when the price is great vintage toys?
3. The Tumbler from Batman Begins. Not a toy of the Tumbler, and not a replica either. I want THE TUMBLER that was used in the movie. The one that actually works and can do all of those amazing stunts it did in the movie. Yeah, I want that. And ya know what? Throw in the 1989 Tim Burton Batmobile for good measure.
4. A real life Voltron. You heard me.
5. I want the cast from Community to come to my house and entertain me like medieval court jesters on the third Tuesday of every month. Punctuality is a must, lest I sacrifice one cast member from the Big Bang Theory for every day they are late. Actually, I might do that last part anyway, just because.
6. I want to know every language on Earth, even the extinct ones and the ones yet to be.
7. I want to be Batman. I know this must be a popular one, but I have a qualifier. I want to be better and more powerful than anyone else as Batman so I can end up being the only one.
8. For the cast of Christopher Nolan's Batman films to stop aging so they can make Batman films forever. This will also be comic accurate, since nobody in the comics seems to age anyway.
9. For Superman: Man of Steel to not suck.
10. For Mattel to make a larger Doomsday figure, a modern Superboy, and for them to make a Huntress. I know, I know, this is a large task, but I have faith in you big guy (or else).
11. For SOTA Toys to have the Street Fighter license again. And for them to release those Darkstalkers figures, and for them to automatically forever have the master license to any toyline they wish (especially if it's a Capcom fighting game).
12. Make Firefly come back. This one is more altruistic than selfish, since it will be doing all of humanity a favor.
13. To definitely know everything about everything. Scientists have their theories, and nobody will ever definitively know everything since nobody today was ever alive at the birth of the universe. But I want to know it all. How it all started, where it's going, if there are multiverses…you name it, I want to know it. EVERYTHING. Yes I'm sure it will end in me going insane, as many sci-fi movies have taught me over the years, but I have the edge. I'm already insane, so I should be fine.
14. And last, but not least I really really really want a couch that doesn't have a portal to another dimension beneath its cushions. That's the only explanation I can think of, since it loves to eat my action figure accessories and once they're down there I never see them again. So if you could get me another couch that doesn't do that, it would be great.
Alright, I think that will do it for this year. I don't want to seem greedy, after all. I'll talk to you next year.
P.S. Ah crap, I just punched a dog in the face, because I thought he was laughing at me. I need to go let someone be in my presence (which is the nicest thing I could possibly do) to balance that out. See ya.
Ya know Santa, you and I, we been friends a loooong time. Truthfully dude, I really only want one thing: The return of the Palisades Muppets line. And Maybe world peace…..or whatever………
Love ya (big) guy, Sincerely,
Thanks for bringing all the toys to the good little boys and girls. Hopefully you can find it in your heart to include me anyway. If so, here's what I'd like:
-The fulfillment of the JLU cast of characters in action figure form.
-The entire set of Ame-Comi full size figures, which are a bit too pricey
-A complete, episode by episode, line of BTAS, STAT, TBNA, Batman Beyond and even Zeta figures or maquettes.
-A more robust and less evil ecommerce presence for Mattel.
-More time to draw
-A 1:1 scale Barbie in Batgirl costume
your friend Dave
My Christmas Wish-List…
The Adam West "Batman" TV series released on DVD;
A line of "Movie Masters" action figures based on the Batman TV series…Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Gordon, O'Hara, Aunt Harriett, and, of course, The Joker, Penguin, (Gorshin) Riddler, (Newmar) Catwoman, (Preminger) Mr. Freeze, King Tut, and Egghead!
Since we're going for "Pie-in-the-Sky," add the SCALED Batmobile, Batcycle, Batboat, Batcopter, and Batcave!!!
An action figure line based on "JAWS."
An action figure line based on "Tombstone."
Live-action action figures of The Beatles from "A Hard Hays Night," "Help!", "Sgt. Pepper's" album period, "Abbey Road" album period, MINIMUM!
A William Shatner cameo in the next "Star Trek" movie!
The ability to understand BOTH Batman AND Bane in "The Dark Knight Rises" next Summer!
I would really like it if people doing adaptations of popular brands/characters actually were fans of the property before they begin. If it's something "you never liked as a kid" then you are not the person who should be making the adaptation. please make this a thing, there are plenty of talented people in the world who DO like something enough to do it justice in another form
I would also like fun toys that invoke my childhood, not necessarily FROM my childhood… I would like new creativity please
and I would like more action figures from movies I love that never had proper toys (rocketeer, krull, princess bride and the like)
For Christmas this year I would like
– A Green Lantern movie that does the characters and universe justice
– The ability to pick up some MOTUC figures in stores besides in 2 packs
– More live action Booster Gold
– A Professor Zoom figure to help round out my Flash figures
– The right arm to my Stel CNC figure without having to buy G'hu
You knew this day would come. I’m calling in my “favor.” if these requests are not fulfilled the pics will hit the Internet, TMZ, ET, and any other 3rd rate “news” channel. Unhappy children will be the least of your worries. But we can avoid such unpleasantness if you adhere to my simple demands:
1. DC Direct either implements NECA/Marvel Legends articulation from now on or they lose their license to produce DC action figs and it is granted to NECA.
2. NECA produces a DevilMayCry3 Dante, a ResidentEvil5 Wesker, and a line of Uncharted figures.
3. Marvel Select cuts the crap and makes alternate heads come standard. “Variant” does not mean “head swap.”
4. Firefly gets a new season(s).
5. Joss Whedon replaces Joe “bitter divorce” Quezada as head at Marvel Comics.
6. Community gets six seasons and a movie, as is deserved, on NBC or not.
7. Deadpool movie begins filming next year with Ryan Reynolds and the original script that hit the Internet. R rating is guaranteed.
8. New Amazing Spiderman movie ditches new threads and keeps comic accurate suit.
9. Spidey gets a movie highlighting relationship with Venom- a comic accurate, hulking, baby-saving symbiote
10. NECA/DC Direct/DST/Mattel produce character specific assessory packs (Batman gadgets, Spidey webbings, Iron-Man repulsor blasts, etc…)
11. 6,7″ fully articulated army builders (SWAT, Police, Mercenaries, thugs, gangsters, Secret Service/Agents, Splinter cells, etc…) Seriously, how has no company done this yet?
12. Fully articulated line of Matrix figures
13. 7″ Jason Bourne and Chuck Norris figures
14. Batcave, mob hideout, Avengers war room dioramas (affordably priced of course)
15. Itsjustsomerandomguy makes at least one video a month. No more “indefinite hiatus” crap
16. Add Venom to UMVC3 roster (DLC anyone?)
17. DST implements NECA/Marvel Legends articulation (redoes Cyclops, Deadpool, Daredevil)
18. DC Wonder woman doesn’t wear pants and the boys get their outer undies back
19. Ron Paul in 2012, closure of FEMA camps and Congress, Wall Street, UN leaders get life sentences and assets divided amongst the public. (“in a perfect world…”)
This is my simple list of demands Santa. The ball is in your court.