As I read through the reader responses, I got the impression people seemed to think I got a lot more complimentary samples than I did. So, here’s a rundown of everything I’ve ever reviewed that was provided to me for free (found via my awesome new review archive).
Probably the best samples I ever received were from a box of Special Forces and Emergency Forces 6″ figures from Plan-B Toys. Sadly, I just noticed I didn’t mention they were samples in my review of the SWAT Officer (the other figures were reviewed by other OAFE reviewers). I suspect that, in my youthful naiveté (this was seven or eight years ago), I wasn’t sure about the protocol and/or propriety of it. I don’t feel too bad about it because the toys were genuinely awesome (years later they proved to have some durability issues, but I wouldn’t have known that at the time anyway), but still: mea culpa.
- SWAT Officer (Plan-B Toys)
- Spy Monkey Armory Series 1
- Spy Monkey Solid State Series
- Ninja Minimates Decal Kit
- Marvel Select Captain American & Red Skull
- 12″ Christopher Reeve Superman
- Eternian Palace Guards
- Retro Action Captain Cold & Flash
- Retro Action Winston Zeddemore
- 7″ Fantasy Shields (SMC)
- Blade of the Demon King (SMC)
- King Hssss (Technically this was a sample review, as I received an early one at Toy Fair, even though I also got one through my sub. And I just looked and noticed I didn’t say that it was provided as a sample, which, while not as problematic as if I wasn’t receiving it through the sub as well, is nonetheless an obvious oversight.)
Some of my Spy Monkey features weren’t proper “reviews” really, but here they are for completeness’s sake:
I also passed on a few of my review samples to Rustin Parr for guest reviews:
I think that’s all of them, but this is all from memory so it’s possible I forgot something. Feel free to correct me if so.