- There’s been a lot of Lego news this week. First off is Lego’s new girl-oriented brand. I’ve seen some knee-jerk reactions from geeks that the sets are too girly and that it’s wrong to characterize Star Wars/Indiana Jones sets as solely boy-oriented. I agree with the latter statement, but after reading the article, Â I don’t think that’s what Lego is saying at all. Lego seems to have done their research on this. Girls and boys don’t play the same exact way all the time, and I’m interested to see whether Lego has indeed found a way to appeal to girls more.
- There are also going to be Lord of the Rings Legos. My initial response was, “Did they make those years ago?” But apparently not. As much as I love the movies, frankly I’d be more excited if these were based on the books instead–I’d love a Tom Bombadil playset. But I suppose the movies are more marketable. And maybe we’ll get a videogame.
- Dr. Mrs. Ghostal thinks this Portal 2 PotatOS Science KitÂ is the coolest thing she’s ever seen.
- PGPoA contributor Monte has a post up at PGPoA Power Pal Generals Joes about the most overrated and underrated modern G.I. Joe figures. For the most part I have no idea who any of these characters are.
- Check out the latest teaser from Spy Monkey Creations. Here’s a hint: Hammer of Chalybeous w/ Glyos fit/form function. Sweet.
- Mattel is considering producing the last six tooled JLU three-packs for diehard collectors. The catch is that, due to the low production numbers, they would cost $50 apiece. Not being a diehard JLU collector, I can’t imagine paying that much for those figures, but I’m the guy (reluctantly) paying $60 for the Star Sisters, so who am I to judge?
Heh-heh, thanks for the politely baffled plug.
No offense meant–just being honest 🙂 Well, I suppose I know who Destro and Snake Eyes are.
I think I saw this hammer at Power-Con. It was more in scale to the regular figures than chalyb-whatever. They also had additional attachments to make it into a double bladed axe or a 2 sided hammer, but I don't know if they will all come with one weapon. I'm really looking forward to their new stuff!
Oh dammital Lego. Did you have to make LOTR sets? I don’t have room for the complete Minimates LOTR I collected, where the hell am I gonna put these? This will be an amazing and nearly endless variety of playsets. I’m so screwed.